Now that you have a freezer full of salmon after fishing with O’Fish’ial Charters let’s start putting it to good use! Our featured salmon poke recipe will help you unlock all the flavors and possibilities that your wild caught Alaskan salmon has to offer! I do encourage always freezing your salmon first before putting together any sushi style salmon recipes. This recipe works best with either King or Red salmon used right after defrosting.
Prepping is easy and it shares well! The size of cubes of your salmon and avocado come down to personal preference. Just keep in mind a little bit of all the flavors need to fit on your chip so I prefer it on the smaller side.
First you will want to put together the marinade as follows:
- Juice of 1 fresh squeezed lime
- 1/3 cup Low sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 cup sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground ginger….a little more doesn’t hurt!
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon Furikake blend which you can find in the asian section of most supermarkets. Sesame seeds will work in a pinch but it does not do the recipe justice.
Optionally, you can add wasabi or Siracha sauce to taste to spice it up!
Next dice the meaty ingredients:
- 1-1.5 pounds of cubed salmon (slice off any skin and remove bones with pliers ahead)
- 2 avacadoes cubed similarly to the meat
- Half to a whole bunch of minced cilantro
- Half a red onion diced
- Half cup diced green onion
- Lastly mix both sets of ingredients salt to taste and let it marry together in the refrigerator for a minimum of 15 minutes before serving.
If your still shopping for the best tortilla chip option I am fully addicted to Juanitas brand.
Captain and Chef – Chad